Facts Behind Faith » General Discussion » Main Discussion room » Re: Welcome
 Printable Version    Next Thread »
  05 Oct 2005, 4:04 PM
administrator is not online. Last active: 12/17/2013 1:57:23 AM administrator

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 12-17-2004
Posts 7
 Welcome

Welcome to the Facts Behind Faith Forum.

This website is a new project which is developing daily. Do let us know how the site strkes you.

These are new ideas though we believe they are really the oldest ideas in the world which were always kept secret in an esoteric oral tradition. Somewhere along the way they probably got lost altogether.

Does the idea of the Christian Trinity being based on the planets make sense to you ?

What questions do you have ?

Does the idea of the Essenes founding Christianity seem reasonable ?

Do you think we already have a reliable history for Jesus Christ ?

Any comments on what you would like to see on this site are also welcome.

One leading rabbi in Britain recently called religion ‘ a bloody disgrace.’ There certainly seems to be a lot to be deeply concerned about. What do you think ?

Can the ideas of Facts Behind Faith and Heaven on Earth contribute to a renewal of religion on a stronger foundation of mutual understanding and respect ?

All comments are welcome except inflammatory hate mail targetted at any faith or sect, which will be removed.

02 Dec 2005, 1:01 PM
JK is not online. Last active: 12/5/2005 1:41:59 PM JK

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 12-02-2005
Posts 1
Re: Welcome
Hi,

I stumbled into this sight quite by accident. I was contemplating the Kabbalah last night - though i must point out i know little of it. What struck me was what somebody had said about light. I can't even remeber what now.

Anyway, I am coming from an astrological perspective and i wondered if the Kabbalh was related to Uranus in any way. I googles today and found this sight. This quote:

The astrology of the Kabbalah reveals the Holy Spirit is the Divine Spirit of Uranus, the Planet of Inspiration, Prophecy and the new age

startled me somewhat, having - with no real knowlege - made the connectionIdea. I am at the start of 9 major Uranus transits ( which will last some years) so it is of no surprise that this energy will guide me to the places i need to go and the things i need to know but it does leave me with a thrill and a sense of contentment that it has done so anyway.

I look forward to finding out more. JK Cool

02 May 2007, 8:17 PM
de broek is not online. Last active: 7/5/2007 10:12:25 AM de broek

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 05-02-2007
Posts 1
good day to you administrator,

to answer your question,no the trinity is not based on planets how can we disconnect anythingfrom the whole? but true it is related,but in a far different way. it would be like saying the tree of life ,and the tree of knowledge is based on astrology.

if essenes founded christianity?no! at least not what christianity stands for today.the deepness it had then is not found in the present understanding of christianity.

how can one,considder knowing the true history of Jesus Christ,reliable would mean you know the meaning of al he did and said,parabols could even speak of actions that should be understood differently,he could for instance have said,i lay my hand on you and you will be healed,but does it mean he could lay the hand on the mental blockage,laying the hand on a problem which made him blind for the truth,instead of a physical blindness?

yes believe that your effort does help.for that is the law,a mustradseed!

it pleases me to see this effort to bring together,to unite
you might want to go to www.unite-us.com and read some of
the articles.

de broek

05 Jul 2007, 9:49 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 12-17-2004
Posts 7

Hi de broek,

Sincere apologies for taking so long to answer this post. Now I try to answer it, it’s not easy because the points you make are not all quite clear !

I have given strong evidence that the Tree of Life (not really the same as the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil) is based on astrology. See the Tree of Life illustration. The Tree is made up of the Planets and the Signs : Revelation (22.2) says the Tree of Life bears twelve manner of fruit. What else can this refer to except the zodiac ?

If the Tree of Life is based on astrology, then the esoteric Tradition behind the Bible, the Kabbalah, is ultimately based on astrology, because the Kabbalah is based on the Tree of Life. This makes a very strong case that the Trinity is based on astrology, especially when we find the characters of the Trinity fit the astrological characters of the major planets. See the articles from the Home Page.

As for the Essenes founding Christianity, again I give some strong reasons for saying this and perhaps you should look at the articles. Of course Christianity has changed over the centuries but there is little doubt it all began in Jerusalem around 40AD. I am trying to see what the original inspiration for that was. Why do we have the story of the Messiah, the Christ ? Why do we have this radical new development in Judaism which then spreads so powerfully over the world ?

If we can recognise the original message, perhaps that will inspire us to find a more relevant meaning in Christianity and in all religions today. So many people think religion is just a lie. We have to find the truth behind the legends and stories so people can believe in a more modern way. Simple plain truth. This may be a shock to traditional thinking but religion should always be a challenge for us.

As for the parables, there are deeper meanings which are sometimes simply spiritual, sometimes Kabbalistic. One day I would like to write about these but it's a big job. The New Testament repeatedly makes it clear there are 'mysteries' behind these simple stories.

Thank you for your interest in the site and your positive comments at the end. I see from your website that you are very interested in the Kabbalah. Perhaps you might like to examine the evidence on Facts Behind Faith and see if it doesn’t make good sense. If these ideas are correct, they will revolutionise the way we understand religion. Can you see that having a positive effect ?

Sid Jefferies

31 Aug 2007, 5:15 PM
Anonymous
Hello, just came across your site a few days back. Its been a blessing for me as I've currently broken past a period of extreme skepticism and aspirtuality and currently have been studying Eastern and "New Age" spirtuality with much more interest as I've found meditation, yoga, and accepting the Oneness of all things has only increasingly brought me joy and strength.

At this point, despite my ever present inner skeptic, I would be un-scientific to turn from this path considering it has helped me overcome years of depression, rage, and loneliness.

My question for you Sid is your opinion on the noise about 2012 and how its supposed to be the dawning of a new age according to Mayan Calender. Another question I have is what exactly is "Hell" supposed to be? Are all souls to be saved or are some truly damned?

I thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to future communications with you on this as I have many questions, which I'm sure are to multiply in the future as this (spirtuality) has become the forefront of my thought the past few months.

-Colin

13 Sep 2007, 12:17 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 12-17-2004
Posts 7

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your post and your comments, they are interesting. I believe modern material science has hoodwinked many of us into abandoning our true, spiritual selves and this makes us often extremely uncomfortable. This distress is a sign to us that our present course is wrong, just as the joys you’ve been experiencing are a strong message that the spiritual path is good for you. Yoga and meditation are particularly strong, practical exercises to accompany all the heady ideas ! I hope you continue to thrive on this path.

I believe scepticism is healthy in all avenues and we need to be equally sceptical about modern science’s dogma that the material reality is all there is, when clearly there is compelling evidence of all kinds that this is not so. There are various higher levels of energy, spiritual energy. As you say, it is unscientific to ignore such evidence. Still, it is important to keep one’s scepticism in spiritual matters too. There are many avenues which are either not good or not ideal for our path. One can too easily be overwhelmed or distracted from a path which is useful. Just as the material world can be dazzling and distracting. One doesn’t just want to go for what is the most fantastic and glittering game but for what is useful for ourselves. The Tibetans dedicate all their spiritual work to ‘the benefit of all sentient beings’ and this gives a healthy, valuable focus. Sometimes one has to be concerned about oneself but if one’s ultimate aim is to benefit others, this is usually the best way to look after oneself. Serving others gives real satisfaction and joy.

As to your specific question about the Mayan calendar and the predictions for 2012, I cannot speak with any authority on this. I haven’t seen anything which clearly shows what these prophecies are or even how the date of 2012 has been recognised. There is a good deal of ‘noise’ as you put it, but not much clarity as far as I can make out. Perhaps I’ve missed something.

I work particularly with our own western Christian tradition which I think has great depths, for all that the Church itself is often at odds with its own teachings, it seems. This has been a problem for many centuries : it is an extremely old faith. Prophecy is particularly strong strand in Christianity, following the prophets of Judaism. I discuss some of the prophecies of Revelation in the Destiny section of Heaven on Earth, which is online. I believe the timing of this is linked strongly to the astrological ages which are 2,162 years long. We seem to be at about the same stage in the new age of Aquarius now as when the historical (Essene) Messiah appeared at the beginning of the last age of Pisces. (See my Dead Sea Scrolls sections, p.13,14, History in Heaven on Earth and elsewhere on the site.) The prophecy is the Messiah will return again at the beginning of the new age and I believe this is the same expectation recognised in Hinduism and Buddhism. Exciting times.

I believe Hell is a state of mind rather than a place and the same can be said for the Kingdom of Heaven. For many of us life on Earth is hell, with all the tortures of the damned, disguised as normal life. You seem to have described something of that in your post ! Most of us wouldn’t wish hell on our worst enemies, we would just want them to learn the error of their ways, and we should expect God, or the Universal Spirit, to be rather more loving. We do suffer so that we learn what is wrong. Similarly we don’t want to protect children too much, they have to learn life’s lessons for themselves, which can be painful but there is no other way to learn. That’s perhaps what life is for, a constant series of challenges, some extremely tough. Not as punishments but as lessons to make us stronger. If we understood life better, from a spiritual perspective, we might manage these challenges better.

An American hypnotherapist, Michael Newton, has published a couple of books on the hundreds of interviews he’s had with clients who, under deep hypnosis, have been able to recall precise details, not just of their past lives, but of their lives between lives. These seem to be quite credible accounts, obtained by quite credible methods (Newton has trained many others to perform these sessions) and they give an extraordinary insight into what we’re here for and especially what awaits us at death. We all go to Heaven and are looked after wonderfully, though we do regret our past mistakes and try to learn to do better next time. The main emphasis seems to be on loving one another better : ‘do as you would be done by.’ The idea that our challenges on Earth are designed to help us grow stronger, is an important theme. Michael Newton’s first book is Journey of Souls, the second, Destiny of Souls.

Sid Jefferies

18 Sep 2007, 4:43 AM
Anonymous
This of course begs the question of what Jesus meant when he said about non-believers/those who rejected the Word being thrown into a fiery pit where there would be gnashing of teeth and weeping Forever and Ever which is mentioned in Matthew quite often. Was this something lost in translation? By Forever did he just mean a long time, as in, the pain would make it feel like forever?

There is also the issue of Hades and Sheol (which I'm currently reading about on Wikipedia) which I've read are just described as the land of the dead but have certain levels or areas where the wicked are punished in flame.

I look forward to your insights on this as I am very unsatifisfied with the orthodox view on hell as it, in my eyes, negates the idea of a loving God. Still, just poking around in theological texts I've come to the conclusion fundamentalists are basically lazy about their faith at least in terms of research.

The issue of hell is something I must come to peace with in some regard if I am to accept Jesus Christ into my mind, heart, and soul...I want to like him, I want to believe he spoke truth, but I find a hard time doing so due to the orthodox view of Christianity ONLY. I find no comfort in the idea of so many people who seek God and/or Truth in some higher form being tormented for eternity because they picked the wrong faith.

Thank you for your time.

-Colin

19 Sep 2007, 6:03 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 12-17-2004
Posts 7

Hi Colin,

I appreciate your concern. There are various answers to your questions about hell. I think it is important these days to realise all religions, including Christianity, are made by men. But they are designed to convey vital spiritual truths. They are also designed for their times. That world did not, spiritually, change much in the ensuing centuries but now we live in a very different world, with very different minds. We need to reassess our religions now, just as in the progressive new world of the first century, Christianity came as a revolutionary new development from Judaism. The Old Testament was not wrong, just old fashioned in its morality etc.

Perhaps we’re waiting for the Messiah to really initiate that change but meanwhile we can do what people have done to a greater or lesser extent with religion all along. We should take out of it what is meaningful for us. I think it is useful to emphasise Christ’s commandment to love one another, to love our neighbour as ourselves, which is found in all four Gospels. This might suggest to us that the hell fire line is somewhat alien to that loving spirit. But for some preachers and some people, fear is a greater spur to do what is right than love, and this was probably even more true two millennia back. So these references are there partly for them. A different approach.

Still, it is true that we can experience an ‘eternity’ of hell by taking the wrong path, by not believing in spiritual realities. And this can even be perpetuated from life to life, if we seriously reject love and goodness. Many aspects of Scripture should not be taken too literally but can be seen to have a symbolic or psychological truth which is no less important. The references to unbelievers would not necessarily have had the same sense of damning other faiths that we apply to them. The Good Samaritan parable is praising the righteousness of someone who the Jews usually hated because the Samaritans’ faith was different. This is the neighbour we should ‘love as ourselves.’

Now we have much better understanding of these things, perhaps with Michael Newton’s work a better understanding of the afterlife, but we should not throw out the baby with the bathwater. Christianity has a great deal to offer but anything we find negative and unhelpful we should reject. It’s probably just a misunderstanding, or it’s meant for others in different times. Christianity has a miserable history of atrocities in the name of a loving Jesus, as do most religions, so clearly many fall into the snares of misinterpreting its message. Take up the positive challenges. Let love be your chief guide in all things. And know that the divine Spirits of Christ, and the Father and the Holy Spirit are with you always and will guide you if you listen to these quiet promptings, these quiet answers.

Thanks again for your question. These are points we all have to come to terms with in these times when we must question everything.

Sid Jefferies

20 Sep 2007, 4:34 AM
Anonymous
This only sounds and feels 100% right, I just cannot -will not- accept the orthodox view that Christians go to heaven and everyone esle is thrown in a fiery pit they can't escape from for eternity. It just drives me up the wall but I guess that's what I get for arguing with fundamentalists so much.

I guess the only thing I'm wondering about now is whether you've heard about the Gnostic Gospels? Very peculiar how the talk about the Demiurge, Sophia, and all this other very strange, almost bizzaro-Christianity, sort of thing.

23 Sep 2007, 2:19 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 12-17-2004
Posts 7

I think the path of literal insistence feels oppressive and it is. Wonderfully but ironically, there is clear biblical authority for this, never mind Jesus’ pragmatic attitude to the Old Testament. Paul says, ‘the new covenant (or new testament) is not of written letters but of the Spirit; for the written letters kill, but the Spirit gives life.’ II Cor. 3.6 It is fun to quote chapter and verse to express the danger of quoting chapter and verse ! This simply means we should look for the truth in our hearts, the seat of the Spirit, and not in chapters and verses. If it feels bad to condemn non-Christians, this is because it is bad. If it seems unreasonable, it is because it is. When Christians have such a bad record, in so many ways, it is often easier to do good while not being a Christian. This does not mean there are not many good Christians or that Christianity is bad. It just means that religion easily comes under the sway of those who have worldly motives, rather than spiritual. This is again recognised in the Gospels when Christ turns to Peter, who he has just appointed the Rock of the Church, and says, ‘Get thee behind me, Satan ! You are an obstacle in my path, because you are thinking not as God thinks but as human beings do.’ Mt. 16.23 So equally we should not be too hard on the fundamentalists !

As for the Gnostic Gospels, these can be interesting but can also easily become a distraction. If it makes sense to you and answers questions, great. The spiritual world is not really simple, as life is never simple, nor the physical sciences. The Gnostics were concerned with spiritual science, spiritual knowledge, ‘gnosis.’ The Church felt this was too complex and distracted people from a clear path. We have different spiritual needs but we do need to have some clarity, to understand and embrace the basics, before getting immersed in the complexities and subtleties.

I have written an extensive piece on the relationship between Sophia and the Holy Spirit. This link goes to a summary from where the full article is available. It’s interesting to see how religion evolves, telling the spiritual facts of life in ever changing ways.

Sid Jefferies

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Facts Behind Faith » General Discussion » Main Discussion room » Re: Welcome

You cannot add attachments